I have to express immense gratitude to Booniblog for nominating me for the One Lovely Blog Award. I am going to extrapolate the rules of the award from her blog and post below.
Rules of the OLB Award:
Thank the blogger who nominated you.
Add the “One Lovely Blog Award” image to your post.
Share seven things about yourself.
Nominate seven other bloggers.
Inform the nominees by posting on their blog.
Seven Facts About Ample Arabia: (1&2 are about Ample, 3,4,&5 are about me, 6&7 are about my reasons for conceptualising Ample)
1. I aim to be responsible about all the content that I post and provide true information for women of all shapes and sizes. Just because the name says Ample Arabia doesn’t mean I do not acknowledge any sizes below 16. I want to become more personal and detailed through my blog and slowly I will achieve this.
2. I am passionate more about beauty and fashion more than my career in Social Media, Blogging and Design (which I do better for others). I am a self- proclaimed beauty enthusiast so all the information is tried and tested. If you do not see any hi-fi terminology, please feel free to follow the Pixiwoo’s and Jesssica Kane’s (both of whom I love to death btw!)
3. I have battled with my weight because other’s have told me I need to lose it to be more beautiful. Tell you a secret? I like being plus size. Yes I’d love to lose a couple of sizes but never go all the way. Something about being not fat anymore will take away the personality I have build around it. My friends would agree as well, If I wasn’t battling weight issues, I would be popular and pretty (which is amazing as well). But at 21, now I have a career and have been in media for 3 years already.
4. I suffer from Self- Harm which will become a major support group on Ample eventually. At this moment, I aim to recover myself fully, to be able to help others. I believe I will be able to one day! In fact, if you have any questions about this, please go ahead and comment.
5. I am a very emotional person. I come across as mean and pompous, but believe me that’s a barrier. Once you know me, you are blessed with company and yes a lot of surprise presents.
6. Ample was a name conceptualised by my best friend. I instantly loved it, because I do think I have had ample of everything in my life (boobs for starters!) It is a word for me that symbolises plus size in a positive metaphor.
7. Ample Arabia is my vision to provide women in Middle East and all over the world with a new and improved understanding of self confidence and self worth. It’s all about being beautiful inside and out!.
Bloggers I am nominating
- Firstly I will re-nominate Booni Blog for their amazing advertising insights. Working in branding myself, I appreciate their information so much.
- Luanna DSouza from Iamweesha.com, cause she makes me feel so much better about myself. Loved the post on sex and plus size mindset!
- This blog dubaisally.blogspot.ae speaks true stories of Filipino maids in dubai. It is amazing ! check it out.