The other day, I had an extravagant event, barely had any sleep and a week worth of bad skincare routine and I posted a selfie on my Twitter and realised, my skin managed to look quite nice. I know I am not alone for not being up-to date with my skincare, which is why I believe that sometimes, this one step can be a life-changer. That is – CLEANSING.
Two months ago, I was sent the Clean & Clear Black Head Removing Scrub. I’ve had a good try out for a long time to experiment and understand the product properties and here’s why I’ve loved it. The claims of the product are –
- A good cleanse
- Doubles up as an exfoliator
- Blackhead removal
- Gentle on the skin
So far, it ticks all the boxes.
Here’s how to use it best:
- Your cleansing routine is almost always better with warm-quite warm (Not HOT) water. So open the tap and splash some warm water. If you have make up on, I’d reckon to remove it before this process. This step preps the pores to absorb the product well and supports the blackhead removal properties of the product.
- Squirt out the product and start scrubbing. The particles are gentle and do not feel rough, which is why I do believe this product will work for sensitive skin. I don’t have sensitive skin, so please do test a small area before trying. Moving on, keep scrubbing your face for a full minute in gentle circular motions and focus on your t-zone (that helps with blackheads).
- Rinse the face wash with warm water. Pat dry and follow with your skincare regime (Or not :P).
Two things I love about this product
- It leaves a squeaky clean effect without making my face feel like a dry land.
- The scrubby particles are relatively small, so I don’t feel like I am being aggressive with the cleansing.
One thing I dislike
It has a subtle indescribable scent that doesn’t float my boat. Apart from that, it’s a lovely product.