Gluten-Free, me? Really?
Yes, this Friday I was strolling along my local supermarket and got awed and inspired to keep up my New Year’s resolution, considering I’m attending a wedding in 20 days, I freaked out!
I haven’t lost any weight and as far as my folks back home are concerned, I used to be a lot thinner 3 years ago (Which is when they last saw me). Long story short, I’m trying to eat healthy and this recipe is helping me a lot! Here’s what you need to make this epic:
Ingredients (Serves 2)
- 1 whole red chilli sliced finely and at an angle (if you are as pedantic as me)
- 1 can of plump tomatoes
- 4 cloves of finely chopped garlic
- Parmesan – Gluten Free (Or Not, depending)
- 150 Gms Pasta (Gluten Free)
- In a large pot, boil water with 3 tsp. of salt and 2 tsp. of olive oil. Once the water has reached a boil, add the gluten free pasta.
- In the meantime, in a hot wok or fry pan add olive oil, garlic and chillies. I like to do that when the oil is cold as the flavours of chilli and garlic infuse a lot better. As the garlic and chillies start sizzling, add the plump tomatoes and wait for them to cook.
- Drain the pasta once Al Dente. Add 4-5 tbs. of the pasta water to the red sauce.
- Let the pasta cook in the sauce for 2 minutes (covered)
- Sprinkle with any gluten-free parmesan and enjoy!
Follow my links: