I’m a bit of a cafe hoarder. Strong coffee and delicious accompaniments always have me coming back for more. So how could I say no to experiencing Vogue Cafe again, this time for dinner. Here’s the thing about Vogue Cafe, it’s fashionable (Duh!), it is located at a very fancy spot (amidst Level Shoe District!) and has some really good drinks and dishes. Without any further delay, let’s get into business, shall we?
What we ordered:
- Berry Blast
- Zaatar Crusted Chicken Strips with Pomegranate Dip.
- Shrimp and Lobster Spring Rolls with Lime, Soy and Ginger Sambal
- Grilled Organic Salmon, Broccolini, Stuffed Gnocchi, Cherry Tomatoes and Tarragon Vinaigrette
- Corn Fed Chicken Breast filled with Ricotta Cheese served with Wilted Spinach and new potatoes
- Pistaccio Creme Brule with Honey Madeleine
- Hot Chocolate Pudding with Cherry Hibiscus Sorbet
My favorite bit of this experience was the Hot Chocolate Pudding with Cherry Hibiscus Sorbet. Loved the idea of hibiscus sorbet and it did deliver in the perfect counterbalance to a decadent pudding. The starters were both lovely. But, if I had to change anything that would be the dressing for Shrimp and Lobster, it just did not float my boat.
The main courses were both lovely (Don’t worry the other one was all for my friend, I did not just have two main courses!) The meats were cooked to perfection and to be honest, this was good cafe food. Certainly, these dishes are not the most innovative, they are safe, they are delicious, and I’m okay with that. Good food, good company and great service – I’d highly recommend this for a fashionable escapade with your girl friends. If you would like to read my previous review, here you go – http://amplearabia.com/2014/02/01/where-fashion-and-food-collide/