Anyways, as you can tell, my sarcasm is brimming today, I shall try to be quiet and move on to the recipe. Which is:
Ingredients (makes 24-26)
1 Cup Softened Butter
2 Cups Castor Sugar (You can replace a cup for Brown or Muscovado Sugar if you enjoy the molasses texture and flavor, I didn’t have any on hand)
3 cups All-Purpose Flour
1 tsp. Baking Soda mixed with 2 tsp. water
1 tsp. salt
2 cups chocolate chips (I used the Hershey’s one)
Orange zests from 2 large oranges
3 tsp. cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 175 degrees C.
- Cream together the butter, white sugar, and brown sugar until smooth. Beat in the eggs one at a time, then stir in the zest and cinnamon. Dissolve baking soda in water. Add to batter along with salt. Stir in flour and chocolate. Drop by large spoonfuls onto ungreased pans.
- Bake for about 10 minutes in the preheated oven, or until edges are nicely browned.
Some key learnings:
– The ten minutes and temperatures can be adjusted to your oven as the key is to attain brown bottom on the cookie not a tad bit darker.
– Feel free to substitute flavors with the chocolate chips to chili, macadamia or peanut butter or coffee!
After I was done with an afternoon of baking, I packed them in Mason Jars to give away as Eid Sweets. Not traditional, but wth!
Eid Mubarak, everyone!