Kylie Jenner, the youngest of the Kardashians has a distinguished look. Her inspiration from the past with variants of her own personality, make the look so very unique. Bronze lips, rosy-brown cheeks and winged eye-liner put together the best of all worlds. Although all of these are dramatic makeup techniques, when used subtly and sufficiently, make for a pleasing over-all bold look.
Last week, I was cheering briefly on my Twitter on finding the perfect shade for a Kylie Jenner’s 80’s look and here it is. I must give a heads up, the look is not a 100 % authentic and I have modified it for my preference and my face/eye shape.
Let me know in the comments below who is your favorite Kardashian, and what makeup you love on them?
Products Used –
- Lorac Pro Palette
- Chanel Vitalumeire Aqua in B20 Rose-Beige
- Benefit They’re Real Eye-Liner
- M.A.C Lipstick in Brav
- M.A.C Lip Pencil in Spice
- M.A.C Blush in Ambering Rose
- M.A.C Prep n Prime Highlighter in Radiant Rose
- Stilla Bronzer
- Rimmel Stay-Matte Translucent Powder
- Maybelline Falsies Mascara
- L’oreal Butterfly Lash Effect Mascara
- Ear buds
- Since the look is quite smoky, let’s start with the eyes. Apply the shade Lt. Pink from the Lorac Pro Palette all over the lid. On the outer third of your eye apply the shade Mauve and blend in towards the Lt. Pink.
- Do a classic wing-liner. Kylie wears her wing quite short, but on me that doesn’t show up at all, so I elongated mine horizontally. I also slightly smudged mine on the eye (and not the wing part).
- Once the wing is complete, take a light mix of Sable and Mauve and accentuate your crease. Again, Kylie keeps her crease quite clean, so you could possible skip this step if you have deep-set eyes already.
- Now apply the eyeliner on your lower lash-line as well and smoke it slightly by rubbing a ear bud lightly (be very careful with this step, don’t hurt your eyes).
- Disclaimer – I used The Face Shop lashes that are natural and don’t irritate me. But, Kylie wears long fluttery ones. I’d recommend the M.A.C #7s.
- To clean up any mess you made under your eyes, take a makeup remover and ear bud to take it off.
- Using a buffing brush apply your foundation, I used my trusty Chanel Vitalumeire Aqua. It’s a perfect match and covers beautifully.
- Now using a M.A.C highlighter go under your eyes, center of your forehead. straight down your nose and above your cupid’s bow. You don’t need to use the Kim K technique of while applying your concealer, use a light hand as Kylie focusses on fresh faced base.
- Apply a touch of bronzer on the tops of your cheeks (don’t contour), on the sides of your forehead and under your chin (if you need it!).
- Apply your blusher on the apples of your cheek and voila! Base done.
- OOooh! The fun bit! I have to say, if you are a fan of natural looking lips, this is not for you. But if you want to go back to the 80’s, this is IT.
- Slightly overdraw your lip-shape keeping it pouty on the lower lip using M.A.C Spice pencil. I’d say to improve the longevity of your lips, ensure your have drawn over your whole lip.
- Top it off with M.A.C Brave lipstick and done!