Two of my current favourite accessories – Long, polished red nails and my Mini Selma Messenger Bag from Michael Kors in Navy. What happens when I wear them both? This.
Let me confess something, I have s*** nails, they never grow, they break easy and make my hands look, well like a baby. So when KISS send me their favourites to review, I was thrilled to try these Impress nails. And when I did, the results were beautiful. I love the length of these (these are the short ones from the range) and the glossy finish. An instant perk up for a mid-week crisis when you want to look freshly-manicured.
Here’s how to do an at-home manicure quickie:
1. Take a bowl of lukewarm water with your favourite shower gel to form some bubbles. Add any of your favourite essential oils (I prefer Rose or Lavendar). Soak for 10 minutes.
2. Mix together 1 Tbsp. of Honey, 1Tbsp of Sugar and 2 Tsp. Olive Oil. This should form a gritty paste and now scrub away your hand gently including your nail-bed. The honey will add moisture, the sugar will exfoliate and the olive oil will nourish the nail-bed.
3. Apply a moisturiser and let it sit for 30 minutes before applying the nails.
4. Now wash your hands and clean your nails with acetone or the sheet that comes within the KISS Impress Press-On Nails.
5. Chose the right length and width of nails from the lot.
6. Peel the plastic and apply pressing heavily on all sides to lock the nail in place.
7. File the nail if required.
Tip: Do not use oil or cream near your cuticles because this could make the glue from the nails to come off.
This manicure leaves behind a beautiful finish. The only con to this as I have noticed is that they are not as long-lasting. Mine came off on Day 3. With that being said, since these aren’t acrylic, the wear is slightly uncomfortable, so I do not mind the short life-span. How about you, have your tried these and how did you get on?