First impression: LOVE, 5 months later: COMMITTED!
Makeup Geek Eyeshadows have become my daily essential in no-time. I have day-to-day faves and am gaga over the pigmentation and blendability. These literally melt and blend like no other shadows I’ve tried to date. I’ve already raved about the duo-chromes and while they’re quite not what I reach for most of the time, this custom-made palette is one I carry with me for travel, road trips and everything in-between.
The shadows are beautifully pigmented, deep hues, absolutely worth the price tag and you can customize the shades in a Z-Palette. I have a collection of neutrals with a few shades that I’m terrified to try. I’m speaking of essentially two collections, the Makeup Geek original line and the foiled one.
The first range has every color on the planet to chose from with different finishes, matte and satin inclusive. Both finishes are excellent, but I’m a complete sucker for my go to transition shades and can’t-live-without smoky eye colors. The foiled range is much more shimmery and has a ‘foil’ like finish with opaque finish. These tend to last a little less on my eyes, because creating a formula like this requires a little more than usual oil concentration in the product. I am blown away by these and have been adding more to my collection, tell me in the comments below which shades are your faves?
- Charmed – Muted silvery light olive with taupe undertones and a foiled finish light muted silvery olive
- In The Spotlight – Soft pink with coral undertones and a foiled finish
- Pegasus – Light, bright aqua with a foiled finish intensely bright light aqua
- Showtime – Rusty brown with warm undertones and a foiled finish
- Flame Thrower – True brightened warm copper with a foiled finish
- Mesmerized – Deep medium taupe with strong purple undertones and a foiled finish
- Grandstand – Medium rose gold with slight taupe undertones and a foiled finish
- Whimsical – Light silvery pink with a foiled finish frosted silvery pale pink
- Glamorous – Bronzy, shimmery gold
- Shimma Shimma – Shimmery highlight
- Drama Queen – Densely dark purple with a shimmery finish
- Prom Night – Pale purple with hints of grey and a shimmery finish.
- Unexpected – Light and subtle pink matte purple blend
- Corrupt – Intense matte black with small bit of sparkle
- Homecoming – Medium brown with gold shimmer
- Roulette – Roulette is a rosy, burnt sienna with a silky, shimmery finish.
- Moondust – Metallic silver taupe
- Twilight – Muted light purple
- Mermaid – Metallic teal with reflects gold
- Last Dance – medium to deep plummy brown
- Havoc – Havoc has a warm red-brown base with teal reflects.
- Cocoa Bear – Matte golden brown
- Mocha – Matte Warm medium brown
- Latte – Matte medium brown
- Creme Brulee – Medium sand color with a soft matte finish
- Bitten – Matte deep maroon red