Woah, there goes another year. While the rest of the world is thankful for love, family, career, here I am thanking the existence of some products that make me a happy girl. Well, that’s about as deep as this blog post gets. Enjoy! Continue reading 2014 Make-Up Favourites
When it comes to doing makeup for Christmas day or a Christmas party, most of us play up our eyes or fall prey to that deadly bold lip. But even the ultimate superhero needs its side-kick for full impact, wouldn’t you agree? So here it goes, this is my edit to match your blush to a smoky eye, a bold lip or radiant skin. Continue reading BLOGMAS 12: That ‘Christmas’ blush
It’s day two of blogmas and I think it’s the right time to throw hints at friends and family for my Christmas Gift ideas! Without faffing around, here we go: P.S. click on their titles for a link to purchase.
1. The Charlotte Tilbury The Supermodel Genius Tutorial Box: It’s the most expensive gift of the lot but look how beautiful! The main attraction is that fancy tutorial embedded in a box, in a box! *gasp*
2. Nars Virtual Domination Palette: Do I even have to say it? Nars products have never been disappointing and this palette has some of the most beautiful shades from the collection and that lacy packaging is to die for!
3. Hourglass Ambient Lighting Blush Palette: You’d think why would a girl wish for two blush palettes as presents? But when has that ever stopped me from wishing upon a star and hoping I’m on Santa’s (a.k.a my bffs) nice list.
4. Bobbi Brown Holiday Brush Set: A. Bobbi Brown products are priceless. B. Their brushes are the bomb. Enough said.
5. Dior J’adore Perfume: How did it take me so long do discover this, I wonder? I sniffed this a couple of weeks ago while helping a friend shop and I’m still thinking about it, still! I hope I can even wait till Christmas day to see if someone gets it for me. This one might just be a self-present.
6. Urban Decay Naked on the Run Palette: A thing of beauty, if you ask me. I love how compact it is and the fair amount of product it has. I mean you really only need foundation to complete a look, so why not?
Do leave me your most covetable products for Christmas this year!
Three things are essential about how your skin looks at the Christmas day. Your skin should be flawless, glowing and natural. In a quest to discover foundations that performs better than my last one, I stumbled upon a well talked about foundation in the beauty realm – Estee Lauder Double Wear Stay In Place MakeUp in the shade 2.
For this time of the year, I couldn’t be happier with the results. Let me describe this beauty in technicalities.
Estee Lauder Double Wear is a full coverage foundation. It is not heavy or uncomfortable by any means for the results it provides. I am unsure about it staying till 15 hours, as I’ve only used it for max 10 hours and this product hasn’t disappointed me one bit. In fact, on my good days, I can just use this without any concealer. The formula has been changed but I will not draw comparisons, as I have only tried the new one, which works perfectly for my combination skin.
Since it’s a cream based full coverage foundation, the best application has been with a buffing brush or a stippling brush. I’ve also used a Beauty Blender to sheer it out and that works on days you can survive without good coverage. My favourite has definitely been the combination of a stippling brush. The application is very smooth without the foundation clinging on any dry patches and the finish is quite flawless.
In all fairness, I would recommend no one to use a foundation brush with this foundation, as if you are not light handed, this can be a bit much and even look cakey with no fault of the product.
For this look, I have also used my Bobby Brown corrector in medium beige with YSL Touche Eclat highlighting concealer in the number 2.
That completes this look!
Follow me on Instagram for more quick looks 🙂
Bobbi Brown has some beautiful philosophies backing its brand. With ‘looking natural’ being the goal, her line has a posh and refined feel about it all the time.
This highlighter caught my eye when I went to buy another sought-after product from the brand; also known as creamy corrector.
The product is very finely milled, which is personally essential for me when speaking of highlighters. I chose the color ‘beige’ because it was not bronzy for summer neither too pink for fairer complexions (however, they carry those options too!)
The product blends easily and stays on for at least 6 hours. I quite like it even on oily skin – applied strategically on high points of the cheek, centre of the nose, cupid’s bow and sometimes even on the eyes as a shadow or highlight.
If you are looking for a product that is luxurious, does what it says and makes you feel like a million bucks, this is it.